Tuesday, February 4, 2014


2014 Week 5--Check In Time


I recently heard the statistic that 50% of those who set New Year's resolutions have abandoned ship by February 1. The study went on to say only 8% actually attain the goals that they made. Eight percent!! So here we are past February 1st, and almost one tenth of the way through the year--how are you doing?

As I ask myself this question I have mixed reviews. Part of me is ...like--holy crap, we are one tenth of the way through the year?!! Where does the time go?! The other part of me thinks it's worth celebrating the progress I've made. I set more of an intention for the year, rather than a list of resolutions. Ironically, my intention is to live more intentionally, consciously embracing my thoughts, my decisions, and my actions. Yes, you will here the word "intention" or some form of it many times this year.

So what progress have I made? 1.) I now visualize the life I want to live and take small steps toward it each week. For example, if I want to live more simply, then I need to keep taking trips to the Goodwill (and it's working). If I want to move to the city, I need to actually check out apartments. 2.) I am owning and honoring my emotions--allowing myself to feel, while also recognizing that things like prayer, meditation, sleep, and self care can greatly impact these emotions. 3.) I find myself constantly evaluating whether my thoughts/actions stem from fear or from love. It's a simple truth to fight for the latter, but my word it's humbling to truly examine! And finally 4.) writing these weekly entries is kicking my butt! I didn't set out to do this originally, but I've recognized that in knowing I have to report something every week, it's forcing intentionality! So if you're still with me in reading this long post--thanks for the nudge and for joining me on this journey!

Forget being part of the 98%, here's to being the 8%! Have a blessed week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment