Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Not what I would have chosen...but not too shabby!

So my eyes snapped open at 4:30 this morning and I was awake. I mean wide awake. Now as anyone who knows me well can testify--I am CLEARLY not a morning person. (Well, unless I'm in Hawaii that is, then that lovely time change works on my behalf.) So I argued with myself for a good half an hour over the idea that SURELY I would fall asleep in no time. Ya, not so much. At 5 to 5 I decided that I could either argue with myself for the next hour and a half (a lose-lose battle to be sure), or I could head to the gym. As I walked out of my house it was dark out, and Orion was in full display in all it's glory. Orion Rocks--he's my favorite! So though I wasn't too stoked about being awake this hour, the stars were amazing! Not too shabby.

Have I ever mentioned that a leather ball, a wooden floor, a forgiving rim, and a killer ipod playlist can work wonders on me, body and soul? For some reason shooting hoops can quiet the many thoughts and questions whirling around in my head and returns a slice of simplicity back to life. Ahh, so nice! And let me tell ya--I was having an on day, making more than I missed from the corner 3's--not too shabby!

I walked out of the gym to a gorgeous sunrise--a site that honestly I don't get to see all that often (so surprising). Wow, stars on my entrance, sunrise on my exit. Again, not too shabby.

I'd rather not bore ya to tears, so I'll spare you the details of my work day. Needless to say, the day was loong and I truly believe that I've worked hard enough for it to at LEAST be Thursday. And yes, since I was up so stinkin' early, I do confess to drinking a Rockstar for breakfast. Not great I know.......ok, ya that one is a bit of a stretch.

This evening I took Hobbes for a walk, and was blessed to see a gorgeous sunset. Wow--stars, sunrise and sunset all in one day, when does that happen for Lynn Morrow? And I seemed to notice more flowers and beautiful scenery around me on that walk than I have in the many times past. God's creation was singin' all over! And now, I'm going to grab a book and go to bed early and I may not even make it through a single chapter which would be fine by me!

So all in all, I definitely would not have planned my day to turn out as it did, and I won't be volunteering to wake up at 4:30 tomorrow.


STILL, though I didn't choose it, I have to say my day was...
...not too shabby!

1 comment:

  1. See, there is an optimist in you! I knew it was in there... Seeing the bright side of life. And the optimism spreads, you bless me just by sharing your insights.
    I hope you slept well that night after your early morning wake up call.

    ReplyDelete