Monday, March 24, 2014

2014 Week 12: Taking a Break



Close your eyes for just a second.  Picture in your mind in as much detail as you can your absolute favorite vacation spot. Is it a tropical beach, with the soft sand, the crashing waves, and the smell of plumeria in the wind?  Is it a snowy mountain with the rugged evergreens peaking out from underneath the glistening blanket of white?  Next, recall what it feels like when you’ve just woken up from the perfectly timed afternoon nap-so rested, so relaxed.  Finally, think back to a time when you actually paused in the sunshine and took the time to feel its warmth on your face. 

Each of these moments remind me that there are times when it’s important to take a break, to slow down, to breathe in the moment, to rest.  I’m having such a moment this week.  The cold that I’d been fighting for days finally caught up with me.  And I confess, I’ve tried for hours to think of something to write, but alas I can’t squeeze out a single drop of inspiration.


And so with that, I will heed the call of my mind and body and rest. 

Happy week 12 everyone--just 40 left.  While you're out there changing the planet, make sure you take the time for rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment